1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am a big technology buff. For my entire life, technology has been a part of every single moment. From building my own computer to working at repair centers, I can't think of a time where technology hasn't influenced me. I know what it is like to have broken devices, I also know what it is like to repair them. I know the pricing, the times, and the required man power to complete a job.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
I am offering a way for customers to find reputable repair personnel who can fix their broken devices for an affordable price. Currently, customers have to search all across town, calling and visiting different businesses, obtaining quotes for price and ETA, and hoping that the person they are going to can actually complete the job.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I am offering this service to anyone who is having a hard time finding someone to repair their device. From college students, to seniors who don't have their own personal "geek squad" in the family that don't want to be taken advantage of. Of course my direct market will be more college kids as an app like this would flourish in a town like Gainesville. The one thing that all my customers have in common is broken devices and not enough time to go running around town.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
Customers will care about my app because it makes it easy for them to find affordable people who can repair their broken products. Customers will also like my app because it is the first of its kinda. No one has released an app that does what I plan my app to do.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
One thing that sets me a part from others is that this is actually a niche market. The repair market has settled for a while and most people just resort to going to the local repair shop or their friends. With this app, it is opening up a whole new world to an area that hasn't seen much change. In a way, it is like what Uber has done to the taxi industry. Bringing affordable repairs and the ability to take on as many clients as a user wants.
I feel that with my idea being the first of its kind, I don't see a lot of drawbacks right away. One thing that does stand out to me is participation. For the first few months or even the first year, it might be difficult getting people on board with the idea. Whether it be finding clients or finding people willing to do the repairs, it is going to take a lot of effort initially. This is why it will be necessary to find the repair personnel first, then go after the consumer.
Hey Cody, I think this is a great start to your business.You and I both went the route of coming up with an app for our business. I know I've had to deal with the struggle of repairing a broken iPhone and it's a really frustrating process. If there was an app that I could use that would make everything easier and save a lot of time, I know I would look into it. Feel free to check out my idea for a textbook exchange app here: http://matthewent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to this problem and love the idea! I have broken my iphone screen more times than I can count and finding an affordable price was unheard of. I think an app will definitely help organize prices, locations, and descriptions of various repair stores. Check out my blog about a product that provides more outlets in Marston. http://ent3003tb.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hey Cody,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great alternative. An idea that I think would really take advantage of the app is to provide a facetime feature. That way if a customer wanted a technician to take a look at something they could just show it live using their phone. This will make it easier for the technician to make some type of diagnosis right on the spot. Overall, you did a great job and I really enjoy your enthusiasm for technology.
If you have the time, you should check out my post:
http://entoni3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hello there Cody, I love your idea I definitely know the struggle of trying to find someone to repair my phone or laptop. I think it's great that you're focusing on making it affordable rather than trying to make a quick buck. People like you are the entrepreneurs that I aspire to be like.
ReplyDeletehttp://ochoasteven2018.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html