1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
For the most part, I have developed not only the habit of checking every day for changes to assignments or keeping up with what is due, but also developed set times that I needed to record specific assignments if necessary. Recordings for me were usually done during the week and written assignments or reading assignments were finished on the weekends.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I never felt like giving up in the class, but looking at the recordings that I would have to do seemed a bit much at the beginning. However, some of them were very easy to accomplish and the ones that I either couldn't complete or just didn't have time, I knew that I could get back in extra credit. That is what kept me going.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. Complete assignments early. It is hard to find the will to do something at the last minute and just deciding to skip it this week.
2. Don't skip assignments. It is easy to just use extra credit to fill the void, but the more you skip assignments, the more you will choose to not do them in the future.
3. Read ahead and see what next week has to offer. It will help knowing what you are getting into.
Hello Cody I really think you did a good job giving advice for the future students and one of the things you said I had also mentioned which was to try to do assignments early. The assignments are not hard they just require effort so its better to get them out the way. I also had the same mindset about not giving up because of the extra credit. Check out my blog http://markemiablogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
ReplyDeleteYou are totally correct, anyone in this class needs to plan ahead and finish assignments early in order to succeed. This class is not hard, but it does require a certain amount of time, especially for the interviews, and that just cannot be done at the last minute.
ReplyDeleteYou can see my post here: http://kjent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html